
So, as it turns out, this blog thing is harder than I thought-especially when I forget to take pictures. Del and I had several members of my intern class over last friday for a grill out but I totally forgot to take pictures! Del grilled steak kebabs, chicken and corn on the cob and I made basil-parmesan dip with pita chips, guacamole, a tomato pie, deviled eggs, peach cobbler and brownies! It was a lot of food but turned out really well!
obviously thrilled to be at the country's largest mall
The next day Del and I drove up to Minneapolis and checked out the Mall of America. It really is as big as they say and has a full-size Nickelodeon theme park inside with multiple roller coasters and water rides. We didn't ride any rides - we're saving that up for when visitors come! I don't think it will be someplace I go regularly to shop because it's way too big which was disappointing because the mall in Rochester is tiny with possibly the worst Macy's I have ever been to! I guess it will help me save money though....This has been my last week on the NICU. Saturday I switch to general hospital service.Tomorrow night is my last NICU call until November when I'm back again. I have really enjoyed this month and have added it to the list of things I might want to be when I grow up. I love babies and I like critical care so, looking back, it's surprising it wasn't on my list before! I will miss "my" babies-they won't still be there when I get back in November! It will be nice to move on to something else though-see what else is out there. I'm also looking forward to getting to work with more members of my class though.
The weather has been beautiful here this week and so Del and I have spent a lot of time outside. Here's a look at some of our favorite parts of our house-the yard and deck!


No comments:
Post a Comment