Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Delmer Keener's Post

Today I finally went to the Zumbro River and went fishing. Since I have nothing better to do I am going to write about it here so that all the world can read about it, or whatever. It started this morning off hwy 27 by an old bridge. The water
was beautiful as was the one fish I caught today. Sadly, it got off before I could land it and take its picture. I met a fine old gentleman who, by his accent, was from around here and he told me of all sorts of places you used to be able to fish but can't now. Strangely he really didn't tell me anywhere I could fish now besides where I was standing at the time.






Next I drove down the road a spell and found a nice place to try. I met this lovely little 65 year old woman named Diane who lived through a hurricane of the same name whilst living in Jacksonville waiting on her husband to come home from the military (seemed like a lot of info to me but I don't know). I asked if it was ok for me to park in front of her house while I fished and she went on and on about how nice it was for someone to ask unlike other people (had she not been outside when I pulled up I would have been grouped with the other people, good lesson though). By her accent, she too was from around here. I also discovered that she and her husband were going to be selling their house soon and moving to the Carolinas because they don't like the snow. Go figure, a Tennessean moving here for the snow and a Minnesotan moving south to get away from it. I fished for quite a while but to no avail. I could see plenty in the river but I couldn't get them to hit. I did meet two more fine Minnesotan outdoorsmen who came floating down the river while I was there. Aside from the fact that they weren't catching anything, they were pretty tight lipped about everything else. I don't even know their names, blood types, ss, etc!


Since I was tired of fishing, I took the long way home through some beautiful country where I was able to take some photos. All 3 were from the top of a hill where 2 different dairies were. Talk about a view!
























And so, children, this brings us to the conclusion of Delmer Keener's first (and possibly only) blog post. I hope you all have enjoyed it immensely and that it has in some way bettered your lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment