So I guess I should start by saying why we started this blog. We moved very far from our family and friends in the last month and we wanted to have a way to show them what was going on in our lives without sending out mass emails. We also wanted to prove what a foreign land the Midwest is. Everyone talks different, eats different things, drives differently and, most of all, acts different than what we have been raised with. Don't get me wrong-people are, for the most part, very very nice but there is definitely such a thing as "Minnesota nice," which one of my new friends let me in on. It's the type of "bless-her-heart" southern nice that I am used to but with a more dry undertone (unlike the "kill more flies with honey" that I was raised with). With that in mind, here is what we have been up to in the last month:
We moved into this lovely establishment....

We have made a few new friends-pictures to come later!
The cat has 24 hour a day entertainment....

And we have been able to spend a little time exploring the area....
Lake Pepin-which is actually a naturally-dammed portion of the Mississippi River [that's Wisconsin on the other side] where the big activity is sailing. After living further south on the Mississippi, I couldn't believe that this was part of it-no dishwashers?!
Hopefully I will be able to keep up with posting (I hate to say that already) but with call every fourth night for the next 2 1/2 months, it is a little questionable. But since I have a sweet husband who let me get this...
I have no reason not to!
Next posts: What I actually do with my days (it's not all glamour!), pictures of the house, dinner party with my fellow interns at my house

No comments:
Post a Comment