One of my closest friends, John, came to visit this last week. He had not met Jackson yet and so we were very excited to have him come. We are even more excited that he is moving back to the US from London so that maybe we can see him more often!
We took a trip to the Minnesota Zoo on this last Sunday. I'll be honest, I would not recommend this zoo. Their big attraction is their Russian themed exhibits which revolve around grizzly bears, Siberian tigers and caribou. I'm more of an African animal kinda girl and so I was highly disappointed that there were no elephants, giraffes, zebras or chimps. It was also very hot, which may have contributed to my frustration ;) We did have a good time despite this thought as there was a very nice tropical exhibit that was indoor. Here are some pictures from our trip.
Jackson was REALLY into the tropical fish. We must have stood there for 20 minutes while he watched them. They WERE the coolest part.

John and Jackson post-zoo. 5 minutes after this I realized he had blown out of his diaper. Apparently he has something against blue/green plaid with sea animals on the front (see previous post).

We also grilled pizza, which I have been excited to try out all summer. We used the crust recipe from Tyler Florence ( ) and rather than use a pizza paddle, used aluminum foil to flip the crusts onto the grill. From there, it was really easy. We topped with our individual pizzas with our choice of toppings (tomato or pesto sauce, Italian sausage, pepperoni, zucchini, green pepper, red onion, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, goat cheese)...so much fun and delicious!
In other news...we continue to love rice cereal!


This is great! You, John and baby J look FANTASTIC!!
ReplyDeleteLove the zoo pictures and yes I continue to be jealous of the pizza grilling and will continue to be until I get a grill:)..or house...
Anyway, hooray for rice cereal!!