Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 2, 2011

6 Months Old- Late Post



This is a super late post since actually J will be 7 months old on Monday, but I thought I better get this post up before then ;)


I can't believe how big J is getting (see previous 2 posts). He had his visit at the clinic and his stats are:
  • Weight: 18 lbs 12 oz (8.51 kg) 70%
  • Height: 27 inches (69.8 cm) 81%
  • Head: 47.1 cm >97% (still big like Daddy!)

Accomplishments:

  • Sitting (stably) on his own for the last 2 weeks (he was sitting on his own right before he turned 6 months old but not super-consistently
  • Eating anything I give him. Favorites (in order of like) include butternut squash (still top on his list), pears (introduced last week and are an absolute love), bananas, carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, avocado (not into the texture yet), peaches (sometimes), peas. He eats two meals a day (one in the morning with cereal +/- fruit and one at night with 2 veggies/fruit)
  • Such a happy boy! Had about a week of fussiness where I thought he might be teething but was in fact, the start of some serious separation anxiety (he's kind of advanced for that but maybe that means it will be over sooner) He is happy as long as he can see me and/or he is occupied with something but if I have just come home from work and I disappear behind a wall, it is an absolute disaster to him ;)
  • No teeth yet which I am not sad about :)
  • Loves to have you hold him while he stands up. It won't be long before he is pulling up in the crib
  • Still a good sleeper at night but having more difficulty falling asleep during the day. I think it is because he can now really see what's going on around him and he's very interested in it!
  • Loves bath-time (see picture from previous post!)


No comments:

Post a Comment